And Jesus Said, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
—UPDATE— February 16, 2019
Where do I begin? If you have not read our last update, you should click Latest Update.
To really know what is going on, you should plan a trip and come and visit us or go to one of the places Brad will be speaking at in the U.S. during the next 2 months. Speaking Schedule
I will just list out the things that showed us the great power of God in the mists of the people during our last trip.
- Oscar showed his impromptu systematic teaching abilities while we were visiting the Popunha last week. With the visiting group of American Pastors there, him thinking they were going to preach and teach, I opened up our time with, “Oscar, are you ready to open the Word of God?” He opened the word and astounded us all! We ended up teaching for 3 hrs straight and the people of Popunha begged us to stay and give them more of the word. They will have to wait until Oscar and his wife Analucia as our first missionaries return and start teaching and preaching later this year.
- We had two of our Women disciples stand up in the absence of the normal leaders and teach during their weekly women’s meeting on Friday. These two women were Elsimara and MariaAntonia. MariaAntonia and her husband were baptized last Sunday too! We baptized Elsimara in 2017. This was an exciting event because this was the first time either of the women had the courage to do it, and the other women said they did fantastic!
- Our first Church Plant in Aldeia Nova are moving ahead in great fellowship and understanding under the steady leadership of Valdeci. They have cleared off the land for the Church Construction, to begin in March! Make sure you see the photos above!
- We had two Sunday church services in Vila Nova where everyone was in attendance. On top of great line by line Bible Teaching from Pr’s Joel and Trent, we had 5 young ladies come to Christ in the evening, all between the ages of 14-22. This is FANTASTIC as we have never had them come forward during a church service like this. Do not be deceived, by age, 3 of these ladies are mothers.
As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the stranger
shall submit themselves unto me.
Don’t forget that Brad will be travelling through the U.S. during February to April 2019. Click Schedule to visit him and get a first hand update with photos and videos.
God bless you all in Christ Jesus!
May The Lord make His face to shine upon you,
Brad and Melissa Miller and Family
–OVERVIEW OF THIS MINISTRY–
We are working closely with the leadership to bring them into a deeper walk with the Lord through Personal Bible Devotions, Leadership Unity, and by teaching how to Pastor the flock of God.
We have three goals:
1) Leadership Training
2) Teach the Bible
3) Evangelism of the other Villages
We always pass by all the houses and families of the village, sharing our lives as they share their’s with us, encouraging, consoling, and continuing to build relationships.
Please pray for the Apurina people! There is an ongoing spiritual battle in their village right now.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
There is always a real danger of Malaria, Yellow Fever, snake bites, and other things.
—Background on this Ministry—
We minister to and with the Apurina people. We are following the work of two Wycliff missionaries, Judy and Cathy. They were ministering to the Apurina for 37 years.
This tribe is about 2 days travel by boat from Manaus.
Our goals are to continue to augment the lives of the believers in the Tribe while seeking the opportunity for the furtherance of the Gospel to those unreached in the neighboring villages, which are currently opening up through our evangelical boat trips. We are doing this by systematically teaching Through the Bible, teaching Old Testament history coupled with New Testament revelation and applying both to the lives of the people.
We are so grateful for the work of Judy and Cathy, who learned the heart language of the people, made an alphabet, and created teaching material for future missionaries, such as us!
Currently the Tribe does not have the whole Bible translated in their language. They have the total New Testament, the books of Genesis and Exodus, and part of the book of Psalms. As our relationship grows, and we learn the Apurina language, we will continue the translation of the Old Testament scriptures that Judy and Cathy started. In the meantime, we teach in Portuguese from the Apurina scriptures and have one of the leaders translate that into Apurina.
Please pray about joining us in this large work, which is the main focus of our ministry here in the Amazon Jungle.
Please pray for these people as the spiritual warfare is intense, unlike anything we have experienced in the U.S. The leaders who would like to have prayer are Makoaa, Domiguinho, Doval, Patricio, Pedro, Oscar, Analucia, Valdicis, Raimunda and Chico.