Greetings in Christ,
And Jesus said, “every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.” (Mat 19:29)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped with the Brazil Mission. Anyone who has forsaken the ways of the world in order to support a missionary will not go without their reward from our heavenly Father. David said that those who go to battle and those that stay home will both share in the reward.(1Sa30-34)
You should know that the last 1 1/2yrs has been the roughest time we have ever had as a family, both spiritually and mentally. Culture shock, uprooting and replanting our lives, not being able to communicate effectively with other people, very little fellowship because of the language barrier, attacks from Satan, worries about health, worries about finances, worries about documentation, worries about safety, and the list goes on.
We want you to know that support comes in all forms and fashion. All is need and appreciated. Here are a few ways different people help out.
1) Emails. Thank you for the heart felt emails, which provide a chance for fellowship with friends and family.
2) Personal letters sent through the Post Office. When we receive one of these, every huddles around to open it like a Christmas present.
3) Prayers. Knowing people all around the world are praying for us moves us in ways that is hard to imagine.
4) Finances Whether it is $5 or $2000, monthly support is what pays the bills.
5) Skype A face to face conversation with friends and family, people we love and care about, brings tears of joy.
6) One ministry provides all of our computers, routers, ipods, batteries, along with all of the Christian music you could think of, Seminars, Bible College courses, Through the Bible series, Sermons, software, etc. Anything that has to do with keeping missionaries connected with others and educated.
7) Portuguese classes. We have 2 teachers and about 10 hours of class time per week provided by individuals in the local Baptist Church.
8) Our Presbyterian family who has provided a vehicle anytime we needed it for shopping, along with culture training, and years of missionary experience to pour out upon us.
9) The many different people who have taken us around to secure documentation.
10) Those who provide clothes.
11) Those who provide household items.
12) Those who help fill the US wish lists.
13) Those who handle the accounting.
14) Those who do our taxes.
15) Those who have a comforting word in the time of need.
16) Those who help with airlines.
17) Those who provide transportation.
18) Those who helped us rent a house, utilities, appliances.
19) Those who bought the baby crib.
20) Those who provide monthly food donations.
21) Those who provide travel expenses. (both for ministry in the interior and for returning to the states on visits)
22) Those who open their doors for us to share the Brazil Mission with others.
23) The Calvary Chapels.
24) The Methodists.
25) The Baptists.
26) The Presbyterians.
27) The Church of Christs.
28) The Christian Fellowships
29) Our Families by blood.
30) Our Families by His blood.
31) Those who give us places to live when we visit.
32) Those who provide support for special items, such as shoes, baby things, diapers, makeup, schoolbooks, school supplies, etc.
33) Those who are praying for our neighbors in the “Reach out and Touch Someone” ministry we started.
It has been a joy for us to see the body of Christ come together and be united in this work of God!
Missionaries do not go into the field without the support of other people. All of these people and more provide everything that is needed to send one family into the Jungle. All of us are one body in Christ. He is the head and he leads and guides each and every part to make sure they all work uniformly together. Each and every person who is a part of the support of a missionary, partakes in the fruit of that ministry. Each person we minister to here is not only ministered to by us, but by each and every one of you.
We are overwhelmed with gratitude to each person who has been moved to help and supply that which they were able, and to our great God and King, who is Sovereign over all and is faithful to complete the good work He has started to do in and through all of us.
Eph 3:7-21 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
Brad and Melissa, Jr, Andrea, Josiah, Veronica, and Benjamin
SUPPORT INFO: Brazil Mission