Greetings in Christ, January 2015
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8
Happy New Year to all! We have passed another year, and the ministry here in the Amazon is thriving! Already we are planning and making dates on the calendar for the year 2015.
First off, Jr is coming back for a visit! After being in the U.S. for close to 2 years, he will return next week, January 7th and stay with us for 1 month, returning February 11th. We are all very excited for this visit! Pray with us that God would use him while he is here!
Second, we have all returned to the house for a few weeks after a very busy 2014 year. As you may recall, the last two months were very busy for Brad, as he was travelling and doing ministry for 6 weeks. He is now back in town, and we have been hosting Oscar and Analucia and family, whom Brad brought back from the village with him the first week of December.
Immediately upon returning to the house, Brad and Oscar went on a week trip down the Amazon River to evangelize some communities. Now, back in the house, we have been discipling them from the scriptures, trying to teach them both a better way to study the Bible and retain what has been read. We hope for Oscar to step into a leadership role in the village church sometime in the future.
Christmas has passed, and it was a very good one for us. We spent the days together in the house, with everyone in good health. Coming into Christmas, almost everyone had been sick, but we all were better before Christmas Eve.
Thank you for your prayers and support, as we continue to minister in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, made possible by God, who allows us to be a part of his wonderful works, prepared before the foundations of the earth. Ephesians 2:10
Please pray with us about the coming year. Here is a list of prayer requests.
1) For Jr’s trip in Jan-Feb.
2) Our next family trip in the village, the end of January for 10 days.
3) The groups of short term missionaries who are coming June-August.
4) The Apurina people. We hope to start evangelic mission trips to the surrounding villages this year, with the Church group from Villa Nova.
5) The people of Jardim Tropical and ITV. These people and children are on our hearts continually and we minister to them when we are not in the village.
6) Our health and our family, both here and there in the U.S.
7) Each of the people who are a part of this ministry, starting with our prayer partners, financial supporters, and the many different churches which partner with us.
God bless you all. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10
Brad and Melissa and family
Contra Corrente: 29.628-7
Brad and Melissa Miller
Rua Jeronimo De Albuquerque #126
Manaus, Am 69040-470
Call us at 1-785-440-1777